Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Unit Questions...

This unit we have been talking a lot about our central idea (Language helps us synthesize ideas and information and leads us to new understandings).  We have been mind-mapping in order to come up with good questions for our inquiries.  Just like we talked about during Literature Circles, open ended questions allow us to look deeper into our inquiries.  We have started to come up with several questions that will drive our independent classroom inquiries. 

What questions are you thinking about for this unit and how are they related to our central idea?

18 comments:

  1. hallo I think it is a great idea to have our own unit questions or wonderrings because i have a lot of questions for the unit that i want find the answer too. so i think that is just the right thing to do.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Ms. Castrol
    I had questens like how many legweges they are and they reilate to the unit because they are about langweg.
    From Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's a great idea to make our own questions and my question about this unit is when did people start to use language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if any kind of book makes you think

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a good qestion would be: ifyouare blind or deaf could you be limmeted to one type of langue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear ms.castro I realy liked the cool part wher every body could scher there wonderings.I hope we will do many more wonderings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear ms.Castro
    I liked when we heard the mars code it made me try to figur it out. I wonder how long it would take to learn it???
    From Theresa:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ms.castro
    For our unit I have some question.Why does language help us synthesize ideas????????? How does language help us synthesize ideas???????? It is related because our central idea is:language help us synthsize ideas and information and leads us to new understandings.That is why it is related

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ms Castro,

    I like to do think bobbles and to think.
    It was fun do this.
    It was a good thinking exercise because we needed a lot of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if you can communicate in two differet languages???
    From Tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is very fun to make unit wonderings I wish I knew all the answers to my unit questinons!!!

    from Brett :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my questoin is why is synthesizing important?
    youri:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear ms.castro
    I think that unit wonderings are fun.
    I chose my one to be do people like to read in there language or in there secent language?
    Ithink that it is conected to are unit because it is abuot the the languages.

    from
    Carlotta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is math relly a language or not?
    From Erynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. My qustion was how singh language can also
    communicat.
    ByPETER

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is miming also a language?


    florian:P
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Ms Castro,

    I liked to do the Question for are Unit.
    It was hard but fun.
    I love to think of Questions to are Unit.
    berti

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it is really intersting to think about this subject and i love reading the blog and seeing what you are all doing everyday, it looks like fun.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete