While we were presenting, we peer assessed each other using our Oral Presentation Rubric. We used this assessment to make a goal for our summative assessment presentation. By the time of our summative assessment, our oral presentation skills will have improved because of all of our practice!
Welcome to the fourth grade blog for students in Ms. Castro's class. Check out our blog for updates on classroom happenings and for ways of using our blog to support learning. We welcome your input!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Oral Presentations
This unit, our summative assessment will be an oral presentation. In order to get us prepared, we have talked about what a good oral presentation should look like and what sorts of things it should include. We talked about the need to focus on eye contact, volume, expression and clarity, speed of speech, gestures/body language, information included and response to task. This week we looked at articles that addressed our line of inquiry: The impact of water on human activity. The articles talked about how lack of water and proper sanitation can impact people's health and their education. We then created an oral presentation in groups about how water can impact on education or how water can impact on health. Take a look at some of things we learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dear ms. castro
ReplyDeleteI watched my vidio and so it also is
clear to me about my first oral
presentation how I feel like with it
and I am pleased with my hard work.
I wonder what my second oral presentation
will be like!!!
your lexi
dear ms castro,
ReplyDeleteI think it is fun to see who
really did a clear good job
in there oral presentation and
I like them all a lot. I think all
groups were the best and i
don't know who's is the coolest
to me!!
your
lexi