Friday, January 21, 2011

Data Handling

We have been using our class Google account to create surveys about technology.  With a partner, we created surveys about our two inquiry points:

  • The ways in which technology influences our lives, and
  • Our school’s increasing dependence on technology
We've collected data from 4.2, printed our results and analyzed the data.  Some our our results were displayed as pie charts, bar graphs and line graphs – The results from Google surveys are automatically presented in the form that highlights the aspect of data that you are looking at in the most efficient way.  For example, we looked at how pie charts are an efficient way to show percentages. 
 
Next we collected data on the same survey questions from the other 4th grade classes and we compared the results of that data to the data that we collected from just our class.  Some of our data really changed!

We decided that analyzing data thoroughly is a very important part of data collection and that we can always use our data to help us create more questions and improve our surveys.

In order to answer our second inquiry point in more detail, we started going to other grades to complete our surveys.  We are wondering how this will change our data...

Why do you think our data will change once we ask different grades?


15 comments:

  1. I think the data from all grades will be different because different people in different grades are much different. Our data will change because of that what I said.Plus because everybody in our school is unique.

    From Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the data will change a lot because diffrent grades maybe have diffrent interests like if we ask grade 5 I think they will like to use technology than the grade 1!

    From Brett -_- :) :( :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will change because everybody is unique and everybody likes something different!

    YOURI:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. because we are all have different ages and people have different intrests. i think we will get lots of data!!!!!!!!
    from
    carlotta :) ♫♥≡◘○♠♣♦☺☻♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear ms Castro,

    I think that the data will chage by each grade is because every body is unique and everybody have diffrent oppinoins what they want to do.
    Some people just don't think it s good so they do. from bertie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms Castro


    I think are data is going to change because in 3rd grade the most people said to me is that the most our. And I asked why are you play whith ICT more and he said I play 5 hour. Thats why I think are data is going to change.

    By Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms. Castro

    I think because every body has different tasts they have diferent answers, we survyed one 3rd grade class and some of them did not even know what i pod touch or i pad is so they did not take that as an answer that is a bid difference for our survey!

    your lexi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it changes because we are all difrent ageas.

    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the data will change once we ask driffrent grades beacause diffrent people have driffrent tastes in Technolgy. from erynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our data will change because different grades have diferent interests and because if one student likes something many students like it and get into it.

    From Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think the data will change once we ask different grades because everyone is different so everyone will have different answers.

    ju eun

    ReplyDelete
  12. the data will change because all people have different interests and are uniqe. Sometimes younger students don't know what and ipod touch is so they just say maybe. If we ask older grades maybe they will click the more newer things because they know more about technology than the younger kids.

    from: Julia:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it changes because we are in different grades so each one has his own opinion and has his own interest.Like the 4th graders,allmost all of them like computers the most or use computers the most at homeand also it depends if they like technology or not so much or not at all!!!!Because I don't really like technology because it can be dangerouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder what if the data from 3.1/3.3 would be different to are data. I also think that it was very hard to analize are data




    from james

    ReplyDelete